By Monday night I had a complete vest.
The back, after seaming the sides and shoulders……and the front.
Heh. Those darts look rather silly when laid flat like that, don’t they? As soon as I realized that I slipped a bra inside to help, erm, fill things out a little.
That’s better… if a little scandalous-looking.
At some point I will be making the gauge Sprocket wears on her chest, and I wanted to make sure I had enough room to place it flat on my chestbone. I do, and discovered that the neckline was actually a little higher than I needed. I prefer it falling as low as it is curving, not where it would be if the bound-off sts were actually laying flat.
This was where I set it aside for the night. I wanted to look up armhole finishing techniques, and was unsure if I wanted to do an icord BO/applied icord around the exposed edges, or pick up, knit a few rows and bind off, leaving a curled edge. It was late, so I decided to sleep on it.