Size: One size.
Yarn: Bernat Baby Coordinates in White and a bit of Patons Astra in Yellow
Needles: 3.25mm and 3.5mm
Dates: December 9 – 14 2008
Modifications: None. I followed the pattern as written, although I only used the contrasting color (yellow) for the outer shell piece, not the inner one as well. I also did the icord trim in white (unlike my first Sheldon, where I used the CC for that too). Instead of plastic eyes I used the same technique as the first Sheldon, where I cut a small circle out of black felt and embroidered over it to get baby-safe eyes. This time I made brown eyes instead of black.
As usual you can find my finished (and unfinished!) projects in my “projects” page by clicking the tab up at the top of every page on my blog, and I also have this project in my Ravelry notebook here.
Here are the two Sheldons side-by-side. My gauge hasn’t changed much over the last 2 years, as they are almost identical in size. Jakob’s Sheldon has been thrown in the washer and dryer many times, with no real loss of quality. He’s floppier than the new one, but I expected that. You can also see in this photo where the blue Sheldon’s neck is missing stuffing- that’s where Jakob holds it in his sleep. When you pick the toy up the head hangs at a very disturbing angle!