Oops- I don’t have the weekly photo to show you ‘cus I forgot to take one with Jakob while he was awake. I’ll take one tomorrow instead.
On to the Striped Scarf. I’d restarted it yesterday at Robyn’s while watching Juno with her and Angela, but between giving Jakob his bottle and having him sleep in my arms I got very little actual knitting done. Therefore all the rows I’d shown last night were done after he was in bed last night. Much the same thing happened today. I started tackling cleaning the spare bedroom since Yannick’s parents are sleeping over on Saturday night, and between cleaning, taking care of Jakob and making more purees, I knit my first stitch of the day only tonight once he was in bed. Once he went to sleep I left him with Yannick and met up with Maaike, Robyn and some other West Island knitters for a knit night at a local cafe. It was my first time there but it was quite good, and I didn’t realize until after I’d left how much I missed the knitting get-togethers.
I don’t go to the ones on Monkland any more because it took too long to drive into town during rush hour to go for a few hours then drive back so late, and once I go back to work I won’t be able to go because I’ll have Jakob with me and will need to get him home, fed, bathed and to bed. Maybe once in a while if my mom picks him up from the store, but not the majority of the time. So it felt really good to get out for a while and be in the company of adults.
Don’t get me wrong- I love hanging out with my little guy all day, and I love getting together with the other moms in our playgroup. But it was really nice to sit somewhere and not have a diaper bag with me, and to not have a wash cloth and toy within arms’ reach “just in case”.
Here’s the scarf as of tonight. That’s what…32 rows? I think Maaike is at 34 rows. I’ll have to knit a few more tonight to catch up. 🙂
Before I go to bed, Tara tagged me for a meme so here goes:
Here are the rules, (they must be posted to your blog).
Link to the person’s blog who tagged you : Tara
List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself.
Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog and also so they can look at your blog and not tag the same people all over again!
My 7 Random Things:
1) I’m competitive. Really. I’m more competitive than you. I AM.
2) I can tap dance. I did the ballet thing as a child and in my teenage years I was part of a dance school that had annual shows, did competitions, etc. I wasn’t part of the competition groups, but I was pretty good. I was in the jazz and tap classes. Yes, in heeled tap shoes, and yes, I can do that thing where your arms both go out and your feet are both off the ground at the same time.
3) I love doing paperwork. The thought of spending a few hours at a desk doing paperwork (with or without a computer) gets me very happy.
4) I sing along to the car radio ALL THE TIME. Ever see The Heartbreak Kid, the movie with Ben Stiller? Remember the scene (they showed it in the commercials too) where his new wife sings along with the radio and it’s really fun and cute at first…then it cuts to 4 hours later and she’s still going? That’s me. And I get really annoyed fast when the radio plays a song I don’t know and can’t sing along with. I’ll switch stations until I find something I know.
6) I used to want to be a romance author for Harlequin. I have a few years’ worth of writing magazines, all the books and an AlphaSmart. Somewhere in the dark recesses of my packed boxes are thirty or so poems, the beginning chapters of 4 novels and notes for a few dozen more. My target lines were the now-defunct Duets (romance/comedy) and Blaze (romance/erotica).
7) I don’t like chocolate. I’ll eat it, and there is some that is tasty, but I really prefer salty snacks. Give me salty foods over sweets any day! (If you really want to make me happy, show up with some *good* chips or movie-theater popcorn, extra butter please!)
Here are those I’ve tagged to participate (if they want to):
February 1, 2008 at 3:39 pm
You know, no one thinks that because you enjoy time to yourself doesn’t mean that you don’t love your son. YOU DON’T NEED TO APOLOGIZE! 🙂
February 2, 2008 at 3:56 am
I tagged you back lol i dont know 7 ppl who blog 😦
February 4, 2008 at 10:46 pm
I will try to get to this meme, but no promises. 😉 Bedrest is going well so far. The baby is staying put. 🙂
April 12, 2008 at 3:31 am
That’s funny, I’m the same way about chocolate.
I love doing paperwork too – lol….
and I remember you wanting to be an author… for romance novels!