The first project I finished after Henri was born was my Sidewinders Socks. Unfortunately I haven’t had a chance to photograph them yet, so here are photos of the second project I finished- the dinosaur for my cousin Robyn‘s son Mackenzie. When her son Sean was born I’d knit him an elephant, and she’d requested a dinosaur for Mack. I had all the pieces knit before Henri was born, and once I’d caught up on some sleep (ha!) I took advantage of some free time to squeeze in 5-10 minute finishing sessions here and there. It was slow going because I was still dealing with a newborn and all that comes with…but eventually I finished it.
Pattern: Modern Day Dinosaur from Family Circle Easy Baby Knits (Ravelry link)
Size: one size
Yarn: Smart Superwash, 5 balls in 5226 (purple) and 1 ball of 8615 (green).
Needles: 3.75mm needle
Dates: January 1 – February 14 2009
Modifications: I didn’t want to glue on felt dots (choking hazard) so instead I cut out felt circles to use as templates, and embroidered over them with the green yarn.
As usual you can find my finished (and unfinished!) projects in my “projects” page by clicking the tab up at the top of every page on my blog, and I also have this project in my Ravelry notebook here.