Robyn tagged me, so I’m playing along.
THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the 6 weird things about you. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says you are tagged in their comments and tell them to read your blog.
My gosh…there are so many weird things about me, why can’t I think of any to get this started?
1) I don’t like chocolate. I will eat certain kinds if there are nuts or nougat or caramel or something in it, but I am definately NOT one of those women who would pick chocolate over…well…anything. 😉
2) I love bagels with cream cheese and onion, but will not touch cream cheese and lox. I hate lox. For some reason, I like smoked salmon. I know they are the same thing. Give it to me on a plate with some onion slivers, sour cream and capers, maybe on a bed of lettuce or crustini and I’m happy. Give it to me on a bagel or toast with cream cheese and I’m nauseous.
3) I love school supplies. Even if there is nothing I actually need at the time, I can spend hours browsing through Bureau en Gros and find stuff to buy. A girl can never have enough pens, paper, highlighters, notebooks, etc…
4) I love onions and have often eaten one as a snack. I’d cut it into a flower shape (kinda like a Bloomin’ Onion) and pop it in the microwave with a small pat of butter. Yummy!
5) I am scared of spiders. Ants, earwigs, centipedes, any other kind of bug with 1-7 or 9+ legs are fun. Not arachnids. (And no, spiders with missing legs are still spiders). I am finally at the point where I *can* kill them myself…but I prefer to have a large man, brave friend or central vacuuming hose around to do the job for me. I’m always afraid it will move and crawl onto my hand. And you can’t just crumple the tissue and throw it in the garbage- spiders MUST be flushed. How else do you know that it isn’t still alive in the tissue and won’t crawl out later? (I was forced to watch Arachnaphobia once. I gnawed my thumb so hard with fear or tension that I had a dent for a week!) Luckily, I am unaffected by Spiderman and have managed to enjoy all incarnations of that series.
6) I don’t like alcohol. I can’t stand Sex on the Beach, Screwdrivers, Vodka-Cranberry, Martinis in any flavor, or any of the other typical “chick” drinks. If given the opportunity, I will choose “virgin” versions of a drink 100% of the time. I hate the feeling of being drunk or even tipsy. I also don’t like wine or beer. There is one sparkling wine I like only because it tastes like Sprite. The only mixed drinks I can say I enjoy are Brown Cows, Kahlua and Milk and Amaretto Sours, and these are only for the flavor of the drink. If I could get the same taste sans alcohol I would prefer it. I did, however, love being a bartender (and loved being the only sober person at the end of the night).
I’m not tagging anyone because the only people I know for sure read my blog have done it already. But if you read this and decide to play, leave me a comment and I’ll update this post.
January 27, 2007 at 2:59 pm
I love sex on the beach (the drink not sex on a beach in europe (i was already pregnant!) ha ha.. anyhow, thanks for posting!!!
lox is sooooooo good. i craved it during my pregnancy!
and i looooove school supplies too!
January 30, 2007 at 4:12 pm
Right now I’m wishing I had your disdain for chocolate and mixed drinks, since I’m trying to lose a little weight! 😉 I still love shopping for new school clothes and paper supplies in fall, so I can relate.