This sweater made a quick appearance on the blog as I was getting ready for Rhinebeck, but not much else has been said about it once it was completed. Here’s the remedy:
Pattern: Audrey by Melissa Leapman (from the book Hot Knits) (Ravelry link)
Size: 42″ bust (large)
Yarn: Madil Iceland 100% wool, color 583 (charcoal), 7 balls
Needles: 5.5 mm & either 6mm or 6.5mm (I forget)
Notions: 7 buttons
Dates: December 24 2009 – April 12 2010
Modifications: I changed the button band to have 7 buttons instead of 5, ‘cus with my bust 5 just wouldn’t cut it when closed. After blocking the sleeves grew, so I cut off about 5″ and reknit the cuffs. Finally, I found the buttonholes gaped too much and didn’t hold so I wove some clear elastic thread around the holes and knotted it tight, now they hold great and are nearly impossible to find, even when open.
I wore this sweater the whole time at Rhinebeck, and even with my purse on my shoulder it never pilled. I caught it on some velcro once but even that didn’t leave a bad effect. I would probably knit this one again, next time adding an inch or two in length and maybe a little more waist shaping.
I need to get someone to photograph ME instead of these lousy self-portraits! These photos were taken back in April, before the 2 surgeries (and resulting 30 lb weight loss). I’ll see if I can get Yannick to snap a few for me.
Am still working on the first dog sweater, and have about 8 rows and then some ribbing to be finished the first one.
December 13, 2010 at 7:56 am
Nice! Let me know if you want me to take pics for you, I really don’t mind. That sweater is gorgeous, your photos don’t do it justice!
January 3, 2011 at 2:13 am
Great sweater! And CONGRATS on losing 30 lbs! (I guess there has been an “up” side to not being able to taste food properly).
January 3, 2011 at 3:00 pm
The biggest up side! Lol