I’ve been tagged by Amy for this meme, which I think means I need to list 7 wild and crazy things about myself. I think I’ve done this before, so let’s hope I don’t repeat myself too much…
1. I miss the “good old days”. For as much as I know my friends and I weren’t exactly innocent in high school, the stuff going on these days scares the hell out of me. I was so relieved when my siblings moved on to cegep and university, and I am afraid for my cousin’s generation who just started high school this year or last year. Sex parties, drug parties, lipstick parties, “candy” parties, orgies…I can only hope that by the time my kids end up in high school, that society will have reverted somewhat to a different value (and entertaiment) system.
2. Along the same lines, there is a small part of me that has great fondness for, and misses, old TV programming. I remember when “must see TV” wasn’t the Friends lineup on Thursday nights, but Friday nights sitting around the TV with the family, watching Full House, Family Matters, Step by Step and whatever the last 30 min show was. (Perfect Strangers? Just the 10 of Us? That show with Jason Priestly having a crush on their nun/nanny?) Yes, almost every episode had a moral, but look how we all turned out. Today’s shows show that the moral is “get on TV and milk your 15 minutes for all it is worth”, and look at (many of) today’s kids. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want Lauren Conrad or Tila Tequila as my kids’ role models! Give me Blossom and Six any day! Whoa! Hell, I’ll even take Jem- and she was truly truly truly outrageous.
3. Now I’m on a reminiscing kick. I loved the old days sitting on the floor in my brothers’ bedroom, playing with our Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the originals, not the remakes), our Justice League figurines, our Thundercat figures (with the cool light-up eyes), my She-Ra and Princess of Power figurines (who were smaller than the He-Man figures, for some reason, although She-Ra still was able to ride BattleCat), and our Voltron figures. Go figure I was only allowed to play with the one driven (ridden?) by the girl.
4. Oh, and speaking of TV programming, remember when Saturday mornings weren’t all about pushing the latest Japanimation merchandise? Remember Kid Video? The Game Master? Galaxy High? Dungeons & Dragons? Ahh…the days of eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch or whatever that Chocolate Chip cereal was and watching cartoons while dressing my youngest brother up as Orko so we could play He-Man. (I was Sorceress…she was much cooler than Teela, and those were the only two women on the show).
5. I tend to ramble. Have you noticed I tend to ramble? You should hear me in real life where I don’t have to worry about spelling or my spacebar that has decided to only work intermittently. (Which is funny, because my windshield wipers have decided to STOP working intermittently. I should get them to hook up…I might have something that works well).
6. I tend to find things funny that no one else does. (See above keyboard/wipers hookup “joke”).
7. I really, really enjoy paperwork.
I’m not tagging anyone but if you want to play along, consider yourself tagged. Imagine I just stood in front of you with a can of spray paint and tagged you from head to toe. (This would be another one of those “jokes”, people).