The finished pillow! Yay!
After finishing the front, I cast on for the back. The back was worked in 2 overlapping sections so that the pillow could come out easily for laundering/changing of the cover. My original intent was to leave it as is, but once seamed, the center of the back kept gaping, so I added a row of buttons. Had I had more time, and a proper plan in place, I might have sewn down a strip of Velcro instead.
When it came time to join the front to the back I had been planning on working icord but since speed was still a factor (I had to mail it to Mary Maxim before the contest deadline) I chose the easiest and fastest way for me- single crochet. For fun I decided to use white around the blue areas, and blue around the white areas.
And there you have it. One completed Hanukah Dreidel Pillow. Not a contest winner, but makes me proud enough to see it come out of my head and land on my couch.
September 4, 2008 at 2:51 pm
Bravo! Looks like a winner to me 🙂
September 5, 2008 at 9:39 am
I really enjoyed having the bit by bit account of your progress and thought process 🙂 – sorry to be a few days late now on the ‘Happy Anniversary’ and ‘Happy belated birthday to Yannick’….I was frustrated in my attempts all day yesterday by inability to connect properly to your site from my computer for some reason – so belated, but sincere good wishes 🙂