I have so much I want to blog about!
First of all- I’m really impressed by this. I found this speed typing test on both of my cousins’ blogs (Amy, Robyn). I had taken a touch typing class in high school because I used to want to be an author, and figured it would come in handy. I think it is one of the best “investments” I’ve ever made, it is a skill that I use daily. I remember being able to type 75 wpm in class, but today I kicked my old score’s butt! I managed to type 89 words per minute! At work, while half paying attention to Jakob! With only 1 spelling mistake! Go me! 🙂
The project I mentioned in the last post, the one that is FINALLY finished, is my Kosher Sweater. I had started it waaaaay back in April 2005. Anyone remember that? I had borrowed a bulky-gauge knitting machine from my friend Nicole and had worked up a sweater with Patons Decor in a smoky grey/charcoal color. Knitting the front, back and both sleeves took the better part of one afternoon. I seamed it the next day, and over the course of that week (I think, I am going from memory here) I did a sewn-down hemmed neckline, added a crochet edge for stability, and did the ribbings on the cuffs. For some reason I’d decided to do a k3p1 rib for 5 rows then switch to a k1p1 rib for another 5. The sleeves were fine, but working that rib on the bottom of the sweater was long and boring! Against my better judgement (I was fed up with ribbing) I bound off after the 5 rows of k1p1 rib, even though I had a feeling the ribbing would flip up. I think I was trying to be “professional” and did a sewn bind off, however I must have been interrupted with 4 inches (!) left to bind off and I left the sts on a holder. And put the sweater, 4 extra balls of yarn and my yarn scraps into a bag. And left it for nearly 3 years.
When I found it last week I couldn’t bear to leave it in that nearly finished state any longer. It took me 3 nights to pick out the sewn bind off and put it back on the needles, and then another night or two to do an extra 11 rows of k1p1 rib. I bound it off, sewed in my ends and tried it on…
It fits! Really well! The sleeves are a little baggy for my taste, and the neckline isn’t as low as I would like, but otherwise it fits well, and is really comfy! I threw it in the washer and dryer this weekend and am wearing it, at work, while I type this. Finally, a knit for me! 🙂
I’d like to post photos, but the battery in my camera died. It is charging at home so hopefully I’ll be able to put up some photos tonight.
When I do post the photos, I’ll have some other ones to show you too…I had a VERY productive night last night. (I still can’t get the song verse “I just dyed in your arms tonight” out of my head…)