I’m so excited to be nearly finished the chart for the Debbie Bliss Alphabet Blankie (although why I can’t just call it the Alphabet Blankie is beyond me). The light wasn’t great today, but what you can barely see in this photo is me about to start the last block of letters, and the DEFGH, IJKLM, NOPQR, STUVW and XYZ rows already completed. All that comes next is the (probably really long) border and then I’ll be finished!
The next close knit is so close its embarassing. It is a cabled hoodie from this book:
and in the book it looks like this (sorry I couldn’t get it to turn in the image editor I was using):
For my version I decided to use some Patons Decor I had lying around as leftovers from other projects. I didn’t have quite enough of the cream color to do the whole sweater so I used a dark brown with it. All that is left is to seam the sides, sleeves and the hood, weave in all ends and sew in the zipper. I had put it aside when it was blocking and regretfully never picked it up again. It bugs me because it was a fast knit but I don’t record the item completion date for my projects until it is really COMPLETE so what should show a 2 week or so start-to-finish time lags for months and months just waiting for little stuff like seaming. ARG.
Last I have a horrible photo of the Mitered Square Blankie. It is close only in the sense that I finished its width and will now be working my way upwards to get it to the proper length. I told myself that once it was wide enough I would start weaving in all the ends, so as soon as I finish the block that is still on the needles I will be weaving, so the next time you see it it should look a lot better than this! (And I’ll find better lighting).